Sunday, July 27, 2008

14 weeks and counting

It's been a few weeks since we updated the blog so here is the latest on our "lil Schmit"...My 12 week appointment reconfirmed that "lil Schmit" has a strong heart beat. K.C. was happy to be able to skip this appointment as a full exam took place. I was happy to find out that I'm right on track with my weight gain which means my weekly rations of red burritos from Del Taco and Alden's chocolate-chocolate chip ice cream can continue. We also received the initial test results from our sequential screening test, which tests for Down Syndrome and other chromosomal disorders, and the tests came back normal. I still need to get one more blood test towards the end of August to complete the screening. The next ultrasound will take place in about 4 weeks and gender can be confirmed at that time....but we're not finding out so "lil Schmit" will remain "lil Schmit" until his/her birthday!
Everything is going well and I feel pretty good although the occasional bit of nausea and uh other issues you don't want to hear about do strike without warning. I'm excited to be transitioning into my second trimester and can't wait for the mythical return of my energy level. Fatigue has taken some getting used to and I'm ready to stay up past 9:30 on a Friday night :-)
Stay tuned for more updates.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Our first grandchild is sure cute! Well, actually our "grand-dogger", Abby, is pretty cute too! Glad you are feeling better momma Beth and give papa K.C. a hug from his momma.
Love,
G'ma

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker